Cooking Finland is on Facebook! Click here. My art blog is here.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Other ideas for Blini dough--overnight waffles and sweet pancake toppings


We had an extra batch of blini dough from this recipe, so we decided to put jam on some of them, along with a small dollop of sour cream.  They were delicious as a small, sweet pancake.



I decided that the blinni batter was a lot like a recipe that I have for overnight waffles, so I put the extra dough in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for the night.  Note that you can only do this with a yeast batter.  If the batter contained baking powder it would be flat the next day.

The next morning it was nice and bubbly, and the kids were delighted to have fresh waffles for breakfast on a school day!  Here is what the batter looked like after a night in the refrigerator:


I preheated the waffle iron and spread batter thinly and evenly in it before closing the lid.  It was so easy.  I think next time we make blinis, I might make extra batter again just for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment