Cooking Finland is on Facebook! Click here. My art blog is here.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We have snow in the U.S., too!


Here are a few pictures of our blizzard, we are still supposed to get about seven more hours of snow.  The kids are home from school, they got up early so they wouldn't miss any of their snow day!  The street by our house has not even been plowed, I went out with the snowblower but didn't have anywhere to turn around.

Our chihuahua who loves snow has no where to go in this!  I tried to clear a path for the dogs, but the snow was so deep.  It is a good day to stay in and cook and paint.

I have a new cookbook with grilling recipes, but I don't think we'll be trying them today, here is a picture of our grill and picnic table:



This is the birdbath, doesn't it look like a big ice cream cone:


The back patio door is about to be completely covered by a snow drift, I need to find the roof rake and clean this off.  Unfortunately the roof rake is in the shed...the cords in the picture are for a roof heating system to reduce ice damming, but they won't help until the weather warms up and the snow starts to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment